Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (HYD) is located in Shamshabad, which is around 24 km from Hyderabad. “Begumpet Airport” the primary commercial airport of Hyderabad was replaced by Rajiv Gandhi International Airport on 23rd of March 2008. Due to passenger traffic, it is considered as a 6th busiest airport of India. It consists of a passenger terminal, a cargo terminal, and two runaways.
Some airport facilities you can get here are as follow:
Terminal: The single passenger terminal of RGIA with 9 gates.
Plaza premium lounge provides the public lounge facility here.
|Domestic Departures, Airside, Level E, near gate 28||Pay at the door, prepaid passes, and lounge membership program.||5:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. daily|
|International Departures, Airside, Level E, near gate 32 A||Pay at the door, prepaid passes, and lounge membership program.||24 hours daily|
The airport has VIP as well as two business lounges. The international lounge cost rupees 1800 for 2 hours and up to 4200 rupees for 10 hours. Domestic lounge costs rupees 1200 for 2 hours and up to 3600 for 10 hours (figures may vary).
Other Terminal Facilities:
- Food: Food and beverage outlets are available in the Airport. Numerous café and food stall can be found in a public area.
- Money: ATMs, money exchange counters and several banks are available in the terminal building.
- Luggage: Clock rooms are available to store the luggage. They charge some amount of Rs.138 for every first two hour and additional charges for the next hour (figures may vary).
- Parking: Vehicles entering for dropping or picking a passenger; do not have to pay the charges. On the other hand, to park the vehicle in the parking area, charges may apply on the basis of the size of the vehicle.
- Entertainment: Wi-Fi hotspots free for 45 minutes. Shopping area, on-demand entertainment service, beauty treatments, nursing room, and childcare facility are offered.
- Special Rooms: Prayer room, medical room, lost and found desks are also provided. Apollo pharmacy is available at car parking area, domestic departures and international departures which is open for 24 hours.
- Transport Facility: To move from the airport you can get private car rental vehicles and drivers. To get to the city you can take a prepaid taxi. Another option is “Pushpak Airport Liner Express Bus Service” it operates from 3:00 a.m. morning up to midnight. The fare is decided according to the travel distance.
Airport Hotel: Passengers who need to stay nearby the airport area can get accommodation easily. To get the relaxing and peaceful accommodations you should reach:
- Plaza Premium Transit Hotel opposite to car park area provides 28 rooms with the facility of shower rooms, business center, meeting room and a lounge with a capacity of 44 seating.
- Novotel Hyderabad Airport situated 3.5 km from the airport, consists of 305 rooms, a restaurant, and a lounge. Provides free wi-fi, shuttle service, gym, outdoor pool, and tennis court.
- Trident, Hyderabad offers 323 rooms and 30 suites. Its exclusive facilities make a good experience for tired passengers. Availability of world cuisine, a specialist in Italian and Indian food service.
- Reliant Resort Shamshabad situated within RGIA. Features include room service, indoor pool, fitness room, and laundry service.