Many people travel via airplane but are not aware of what they should pack and what should not. Baggage size is mentioned by airlines but, people don’t even take care of it. As a result, they have to face the hassles at the airport. Next time you book a flight to India make sure to get through the baggage policies to avoid unnecessary hassles.
You can bring 1 standard article and 1 personal article on the flight. For standard article the maximum dimensions include 40cm x 23cm x 55cm and for personal bag it must be maximum 43cm x 16cm x 33cm. If the dimension of bags does not follow the desired requirement then additional charges may apply.
Additionally, you can bring a laptop or if you are flying with infants then baggage is also allowed without additional charges.
Carrying Liquid and Gels:
Purchase liquids after you’ve passed the security checkpoint.
- If you travel with liquids or gels then you must place them in containers of 100mL/100g (3.4oz) in your carry-on baggage otherwise at security check-point it will be seized.
- You are not allowed to consume your own alcoholic beverages on the board.
Special Items allowed in addition to carry-on baggage:
- A purse of maximum dimensions 25cm x 30cm x 14cm.
- Collapsible stroller for infants not more than 92 cm in length.
- Snacks and food items
- One matchbox per passenger
- Packed electronic cigarettes so that it can’t be used on-board.
Other than this for sports equipment people have many doubts. So, they can check directly from the Air Canada baggage policy for transport of special items and sports equipment.
Electronic devices are allowed on board with restricted use. You have to open your electronic devices at the security check point and they may ask you to turn on the device. Battery and cells must be packed individually to prevent short circuit.
- Wireless electronic devices such as cellphones, global positioning systems, iPods, and Bluetooth headsets are allowed.
- Electric shavers and noise-canceling headphones are also allowed.
Some electronic devices are strictly prohibited to use onboard. These items must be packed in your checked baggage.
- Wireless mouse
- Radio transmitters and radio-controlled equipment
- Printers or laser pointers.
Passengers are allowed to carry prescribed medication on board as carry-on baggage. If there are passengers who are taking medicines for any disease or have allergic reactions then they should carry the prescribed medicines. But these medicines must be in their original labeled container.
Common acceptance rules and items packing for carry-on baggage only:
- Personal Electronic devices containing batteries can be taken maximum up to 15 devices.
- If you are transferring cells (battery) then the maximum of 20 cells are allowed.
- Lithium metal cells & battery packs should content lithium metal content of 2 grams or less. If the batteries are removed from the device and carried onboard then the battery can be taken in checked baggage.
- The lithium ion cell & battery packs are allowed if they are under the rating of 100 Wh each.
- Lithium-ion battery with a rating of 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh are allowed in carrying baggage.
Cremated remains can be additionally transported to carry-on baggage but the urn or the container must be appropriate to security screening