Either it is a short trip or a lengthy stay; Kolkata is a fantastic place for it. There is no right time to go for a Kolkata trip. You can enjoy your trip at best prices with Pickfare by finding the best deals on flights to Kolkata. Here we go with the list of the things Kolkata is best for:
See the Royal Bengal Tiger in Sundarbans:
Sundarbans Delta is a UNESCO World Heritage Site which gives a great wildlife experience.
- Wildlife lovers can enjoy the wide range of fauna, including different bird species, Bengal tiger and other species such as the estuarine crocodile and the Indian python.
- It includes the areas of unique natural beauty, special marine faunal, rivers, creeks, islands, and swamps. A wildlife trekking at this place gives traveler most memorable time.
Ride in Kolkata Trams:
Kolkata has the oldest tram system operating in India. Take a fun ride on the trams and get the opportunity to savour Kolkata.
- Trams are Kolkata’s basic transport system; we can’t imagine the city without the trams. The ac tram cars run for the visitors of Kolkata.
- Smaranika is a tram museum built in a vintage tram which displays the collection of photographs of old trams and newspaper cuttings of various tram journeys.
Learn from Science City:
“There is no age for learning”, so explore science city of Kolkata to learn something exciting. It is one of the largest science centers in India. This place is an epitome of knowledge for which Kolkata is well known.
- Visit this place and enhance your IQ with the state-of-art facility of “Science on a Sphere”. It is an education tool with a spherical room having video projections of Earth’s dynamic processes in it.
- People of all ages can learn here something new in an interesting manner. There are robotic models of the animal representing the evolution of life. Visitors see them through an electric car having special light and sound effects.
Get a Romantic feel at Howrah Bridge:
Howrah Bridge links the Howrah to Kolkata city. The bridge is built over the Hoogly River in West Bengal.
- This is the best romantic place for nature lovers and couples. You can sit by the ghats and see the magnificent view of the bridge. To spend some romantic time with your beloved one pick the flights to Kolkata and move here.
- Also, you can book a boat or ferry to sail under the bridge. Evening is best time to visit this place because the looks are so beautiful at that time.
- In the morning, you can drive or walk down the bridge to spend some peaceful moments.
A Picnic to Nicco Park:
It is an amusement park in Salt Lake City also known as the “Disney land of West Bengal”. People can enjoy here in different ways; many activities, rides, and much more to explore.
- This park includes around 35 rides which you can enjoy with your family and friends. The rides include many categories such as thrill rides, park rides, kid’s rides, and family rides.
- Some of the rides Paddle Boat, River Caves, Water Chute, Giant Cyclone, Pirate Ship, and Moonraker are favorites of tourists.
- Other spots to spend time are Bawling Alley, shopping area, and food court.Also Read: