There are many spots for spending a weekend in India. Some of them are the spots where you can go for fun and adventure activities. Also, the places will let you closer to the local’s life and culture. So, don’t stay calm and book the flights to India and travel t your dream destination.
Horsley Hills, Andhra Pradesh:
Horsley Hills is situated in Andhra Pradesh.
- It is a series of hills located in Andhra Pradesh. The place is covered in fog and chilled breeze early in the morning.
- Here are many breathtaking landscapes, rich biodiversity, and countless holiday options in multiple spots.
- It is home to the largest Banyan tree in the world and the oldest Eucalyptus. The area is lined with dense forest areas with a different variety of trees. For example, Gulmohar, Allamanda, Reeta, Amla, Beedi leaves, Blue Gum, and Sandalwood.
Sham Valley, Ladakh:
You can go to Sham valley for a trek. While crossing the high altitudes experience the local Ladakh culture. It will lead you to get closer to the village life of Ladakh.
- In the memory of Guru Nanak, there is a Gurudwara Pather Sahib constructed some distance away from Leh. Make some time to visit this place. There is a rock with the impression of Guru Nanak Devji’s shoulder, head, back as well as foot. The rock is covered with the holy cloth.
- Basgo Monastery is a holy place for Buddhist located in Leh. You must visit this place.
- The monastery is located in Basgo also known as Bazgo Gompa. It is constructed on the top of the hill famous for the Buddha statue and murals.
Kanipakam is a pilgrimage center located on the banks of Bahuda River.
- Kanipakam Temple is also known as Varasiddhi Vinayaka Temple. An annual festival is hosted for 21 days in the month of August/ September. It is a temple with a self-manifested idol of Lord Ganesha.
- There is Kaigal falls near to Kanipakam, situated in Palamaner – Kuppam Highway. It is a nice place as a picnic area. The area is surrounded by dense forest with plenty of birds, shrubs, trees, and wildlife.
- There is another spot Sripuram to visit; it is a Golden Temple dedicated to Goddess Mahalakshmi. The structure of the temple is made of Gold with wonderful artwork.
Andaman-Nicobar holds many exotic beaches blessed with coral reefs and amazing marine life. The landscapes are breathtaking.
- There is Swaraj Dweep which has picturesque natural views with beautiful white sandy beaches. It is surrounded with green lush forest.
- In Port Blair, there is a topmost attraction i.e Cellular Jail. It is also known as Kala Pani ki Sazaa. It was constructed for the lonely imprisonment of prisoners. The heart touching sound and light show is held at this place on the basis of the freedom struggle.
Havelock Island is the most visited island in Andaman Nicobar. It is a perfect option for a weekend celebration. The two famous parts of the island are Radhanagar Beach and Elephant Beach. You can take advantage of adventure activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, and trekking at this place.